Dr Abe V Rotor
Simply add up the number of points that apply to each question to which you answer YES.
1. Do you have hay fever symptoms such as sneezing, watery nasal drainage, and nasal itchiness? (4 pts)
2. Do you have chronic nasal congestion, postnasal drip, or both? (3 pts)
3. Do you have sinus problems – frequent “colds” or headaches? (2 pts)
4. Do your eyes itch, water, get red, or swell? (4 pts)
5. Do you have asthma (wheezing), a tight chest, or a chronic cough? (1 pt)
6. Do you have skin problems such as eczema, hives, or itching? (2 pts)
7. Do you have indigestion, bloating, diarrhea, or constipation? (1 pt)
8. Do you have chronic fatigue or tiredness? (4 pts)
9. Are your symptoms seasonal only – or worse seasonally? (4 pts)
10. Do your symptoms change when you go indoors or outdoors? (3 pts)
11. Are your symptoms worse in parks or grassy areas? (4 pts)
12. Are your symptoms worse in the bedroom, after going to bed, or in the morning when you get up? (2pts)
1. 13.Are your symptoms worse when you come into contact with dust when vacuuming or cleaning around thick carpeting, heavy drapes, and so on? (4 pts)
13. Are your symptoms worse around animals? (2 pts)
14. Do you have any blood relatives with allergies: one or both parents, brothers or sisters, or children? (6 pts)
SCORES (Are you allergic?)
If you scored less than 7, it’s unlikely you have allergies.
If you scored between 8 and 12, it’s possible you have allergies.
If you scored between 13 to 30, it’s probable you have allergies.
If you scored more than 31, it’s very unlikely you have allergies
A note of simple expression of thanks and gratitude to all followers, participants and viewers of Living with Nature - School on Blog and Naturalism – the Eighth Sense.
Your contribution has greatly helped us expand in the number and variety of lessons and coverage. This is very encouraging as we are about to begin our fourth year with hundreds of pageviews daily from different parts of the world. We have now a running total of more than 2,500 combined posts or lessons, with a number of them regularly updated and edited for added information and easier access.
The lessons are also linked with radio and outreach programs, and with the academe. We invite you to help in enhancing a greater multiplier effect. You may wish to contribute by any means, from disseminating the lessons in your area yourselves, or by donating to our current extension work and radio broadcast (school-on-air) through Philippine National Bank Dollar Account No. 372756300038, or 372756300020 (peso account).
Living with Nature-School on Blog and Naturalism – the Eighth Sense is purely a voluntary effort, non-profit and humanitarian movement, to bring functional literacy to millions who lack access to formal education, and to augment formal learning and experiential knowledge. Such a humble cause is in the spirit of modern technology, which in spite of its tremendous progress, and billions of dollars it has generated, there are millions and millions of people out there who have yet to rise above their present condition. But environment must not pay for progress.
- Dr Abercio V Rotor