Living with Nature School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan.sa Himpapawid (School on Air) with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 KHz AM 8 to 9 evening class, Monday to Friday
Part 1: True or False
- "Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
1. Papu Gandhi – Papu means Pope.
2. Gandhi, Mahatma – Mahatma implies deep respect on the level of a living god.
3. His true name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
4. He was born on November 19, 1917
5. Indira Gandhi is daughter of Mahatma Gandhi.
6. Jawaharlal Nehru became the first PM of independent India.
7. Studied law in Italy and became a lawyer.
8. He met a prominent social idealist, GB Shaw.
9. He applied for clerical work in India, was shocked of racial discrimination.
10. Came from a family with morally rigorous environment that decreed pacifism and the sanctity of living things.
11. Entered politics in 1919 to protest British sedition laws and politicize the Indian National Congress, advocated no-violence, non-cooperation to achieve independence.
12. Repressed throughout WWII, he negotiated for an autonomous Indian state.
13. India gained independence in 1948
14. Gandhi wrote books which we use today as references.
15. Last words of Gandhi – Oh, God!
Part 2: Supply the missing Keywords
1. He influenced a great leader in South Africa, now a living hero.
2. This US leader upheld to his death the principle of equality of races based on Gandhi’s teachings.
3. Racial discrimination has a term used in S Africa.
4. Gandhi founded and practiced this doctrine.
5. Other term for mob rule.
Part 1: 1f, 2t, 3t, 4F(October 2,1869), 5f, 6t, 7F (England) 8t, 9f, 10t, 11t, 12t, 13t,14f, Gandhi did not write books. 15t, last words when he was mortally shot in public by a fanatic assassin.
Part 2: 1. Nelson Mandela; 2. Martin Luther King; 3. Apartheid; 4. Doctrine of non-violence; 5.Anarchy
19 - 20 Excellent; 16 - 18 Very Good; 13 - 15 Good; 10 - 12 Passing; below 10, listen to DZRB 718Am, Monday to Friday 8 to 9 o'clock in the evening, Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid. [www.pbs.gov.ph]
Based on movie, Gandhi, and library and Internet references.
|BBC News Online Survey|
|BBC News Online readers put Mahatma Gandhi firmly at number one. Below is your top ten - and some of your comments.|
Karamchand Gandhi was born on 2 October 1869 in Porbandar, India. He
led India's movement for independence from British rule and is one of
the most respected spiritual and political leaders of the 20th century.
He developed a method of direct social action based upon the principles
of courage, non-violence and truth. He believed passive resistance and
civil disobedience were the most appropriate methods for obtaining
political and social goals.
In 1948 he was assassinated by a Hindu fanatic who opposed his tolerance for all creeds and religions.
Gandhi is honoured by his people as the father of the Indian nation and is called Mahatma, which means Great Soul.
Va Vinci, Einstien
|Your Top 10 greatest men:|