Lesson on Radyo ng Bayan's Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid
Living with Nature - School on Blog
Part 1: True or False
- "Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
1. Papu Gandhi – Papu means Pope.
2. Gandhi, Mahatma – Mahatma implies deep respect on the level of a living god.
3. His true name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
4. He was born on November 19, 1917
5. Indira Gandhi is daughter of Mahatma Gandhi.
6. Jawaharlal Nehru became the first PM of independent India.
7. Studied law in Italy and became a lawyer.
8. He met a prominent social idealist, GB Shaw.
9. He applied for clerical work in India, was shocked of racial discrimination.
10. Came from a family with morally rigorous environment that decreed pacifism and the sanctity of living things.
11. Entered politics in 1919 to protest British sedition laws and politicize the Indian National Congress, advocated no-violence, non-cooperation to achieve independence.
12. Repressed throughout WWII, he negotiated for an autonomous Indian state.
13. India gained independence in 1948
14. Gandhi wrote books which we use today as references.
15. Last words of Gandhi – Oh, God!
Part 2: Supply the missing Keywords
1. He influenced a great leader in South Africa, now a living hero.
2. This US leader upheld to his death the principle of equality of races based on Gandhi’s teachings.
3. Racial discrimination has a term used in S Africa.
4. Gandhi founded and practiced this doctrine.
5. Other term for mob rule.
Part 1: 1f, 2t, 3t, 4F(October 2,1869), 5f, 6t, 7F (England) 8t, 9f, 10t, 11t, 12t, 13t,14f, Gandhi did not write books. 15t, last words when he was mortally shot in public by a fanatic assassin.
Part 2: 1. Nelson Mandela; 2. Martin Luther King; 3. Apartheid; 4. Doctrine of non-violence; 5.Anarchy
19 - 20 Excellent; 16 - 18 Very Good; 13 - 15 Good; 10 - 12 Passing; below 10, listen to DZRB 738AM, Monday to Friday 8 to 9 o'clock in the evening, Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid. [www.pbs.gov.ph]
Based on movie, Gandhi, and library and Internet references.