Monday, September 27, 2010

Dead Tree Walking


I am the ghost that walks
from a forest before;
I am the conscience of man
sleeping in its core.

I am the memory
from the distant past;
lost among the throng,
living in the dust.

I came from Paradise lost,
orphaned by the first sin;
the hands that cared for me
can't now be seen.

I long for a heaven, too,
a gift of being good and true,
but if heaven is only for man
then I serve him through.

But I am a ghost now.
Would man join me for a walk
to tell the world the story
of a once mighty oak? ~

Home with Nature, AVR



2 comments:

Ria Salaveria said...

One of the worst activities of man is the unlicensed cutting down of trees or simply illegal logging. Trees are not there just because they're there. They are part of God's plan and I believe that they are given to partner with man in order to survive.

Ria Salaveria said...

One of the worst activities of man is the unlicensed cutting down of trees or illegal logging. Trees are not there just because they're there. I believe that it is given by God to partner with man in order to survive.