Abe V Rotor
Adventure is an inevitable part of childhood. Scientists believe that early exposure to adventure - real and imaginary - contributes immensely to a happy childhood, and enhances a better chance to face successfully the realities of adult life in a fast changing world.
I recommend these fiction novels for reading and viewing.
- Jules Verne – Around the World in 80 Days, Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Ernest Hemingway – The Old Man and the Sea, Snows of Kilimanjaro
- Johann Wyss – Swiss Family Robinson
- Daniel Defoe – Robinson Crusoe
- Anna Sewell – Black Beauty
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - The Lost World
- Mark Twain – Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn
- Rudyard Kipling – Jungle Book
- Herman Merville – Moby Dick
- Robert Louis Stevenson – Treasure Island, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Frances Burnett – The Secret Garden
- Edgar Rice Burrows - Tarzan
- Creators of Flash Gordon, etc.
Based on lessons on Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid (People's school-on-air)