Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature- School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM, 8 to 9 Evening Class, Monday to Friday
Radiation emitted by radio transmitters have been found to be the cause of a number of ailments from insomnia to sterility. It is also associated with cancer, abnormal blood levels and heart conditions, allergy or allergy symptoms - and slow death. Honeybees are disoriented, so with other organisms. Even the rate of mutation has increased, which means that radiation disturbs the normal sequencing of the DNA, and replication of chromosomes, leading to unpredicted emergence of new traits which manifest mutation.
No one escapes radiation - natural radiation that is, like ultraviolet rays. And medical radiation like x-rays.
It is the man-made and induced radiation that is a grave threat to modern living. The depletion of the ozone layer has virtually removed the shield against harmful radiation. The most exposed are Australia and New Zealand, so that people specially children have to wear protective clothing.
Since the splitting of the atom that led to the invention of the atomic bomb and consequently the building of nuclear reactors, no one is spared of this invisible enemy. It lurks in food, in the air we breath, water we drink, toys, and household items.
Today with radio, TV and computers, the enemy has been unleashed into a genie that is no longer subservient, not even to its master! But radiation can be minimized and screened.
So stay away from radiation as much as you can. And you will live happier, healthier and longer.
- More and more people are reverting from microwave to conventional cooking.
- Consumers shun away from irradiated food like potato and onions.
- Residential centers and schools have become vigilant against any transmitter tower built in their area.
- Bedrooms as much as possible should be free of radiation-causing gadgets, which includes TV and Computer.
- More and more people are aware of the direct radiation effect of handheld tablets, cellphones - and prolonged and close contact with laptops and notebooks.
- Doctors are careful of exposing their patients to too much radiation.
- Since the nuclear meltdown in Chernobyl in Kiev, and lately, in Fukoshima Japan, the monitoring of radiation-contaminated food and other materials has stepped up in sensitive areas.
- Parents are getting more aware of the consequences of too much TV and computer on their children.
- The thinning of the ozone layer continues. The size of the ozone hole over the South Pole is equivalent the size of North America. A hole of the ozone layer over the Arctic Pole is likewise increasing.
- Radiation-free environment is the clamor all over the world.