Friday, June 20, 2014

Poetry: Give Me the Sky ^

 Give Me the Sky

Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature School on Blog 
   
Give me the sky symbolizes more than freedom, the realization of life's meaning, and beauty of living, humility and reverence. It reminds man of his role as guardian of creation. 

Skyview through the roof of Callao Cave, Peñablanca, Cagayan

Cirro-stratus cloud formation under an Aratiles Tree

Give me the sky and I'll conquer darkness,
      even only a shaft through the rock;
Give me the sky and I will follow the sun
      from morn to evening and back.

Give me the sky and I'll watch the moon
      grow full and old and reborn;
Give me the sky and I'll chart the stars,
      the future and coming storm.

Give me the sky and I will ask the clouds
      to fall into rain and the fields green;
Give me the sky to greet the birds in flight,
      where they go, where they've been.

Give me the sky and I'll soar into space
      beyond the limits of the earth;
Give me the sky and I'll see from there
      the magnificent place of my birth.

Give me the sky and I'll keep it clean -
      the river, the lake and stream;
Give me the sky and I'll fly the biggest kite
      to lead a child to his dream.

Give me the sky, and lead my spirit
      from the earth to far beyond;
Give me the sky that I may know You `
      through the goodness of Your Son. ~

Lesson on former Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid (People's School-on-Air) with Ms Melly C Tenorio738 DZRB AM Band, 8 to 9 evening class, Monday to Friday



No comments: