Dr Abe V Rotor
is the most popular food conditioner – for seasoning, marinating, as
spice, appetizer, and the like. Outside of the kitchen vinegar has many
uses, from deodorizer to weed killer, sore throat remedy to first aid
to insect bite.
Irresistible Empanada with sukang Iloko.
Plaza Burgos Vigan, Ilocos Sur
1. When boiling meat, add a spoonful of vinegar to the water to make it more tender.
2. Marinate tough meat in vinegar overnight to tenderize.
3. Pickles in natural vinegar will last longer and taste better.
4. Make butter milk. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Tenderize meat. Soak in vinegar overnight.
6. Cook fish and meat as paksiw.
7. Freshen vegetables. Soak wilted vegetables in a quart of cold water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
8. Deodorize the kitchen drain. Pour a cup down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
9. Eliminate onion odor. Rub on your fingers before and after slicing.
10. Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards. Wipe with full strength vinegar.
11. Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
12. Cut grease and odor on dishes. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to hot soapy water.
13. Clean a teapot. Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot. Wipe away the grime.
14. Freshen a lunchbox. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it sit in the lunchbox overnight.
15. Clean the refrigerator. Wash with a solution of equal parts of water and vinegar.
16. Unclog a drain. Pour a handful of baking soda down the brain and add ½ cup of vinegar. Rinse with hot water.
17. Replace a lemon. Substitute ¼ teaspoon of vinegar for 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Firm up gelatin. Add a teaspoon of vinegar for every box of gelatin
used to keep those molded desserts from sagging in the summer heat.
Boil better eggs. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegars of vinegar to each
quart of water before boiling eggs, keeps them from cracking.
20. Prepare fluffier rice. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water when it boils.
21. Make wine-vinegar. Mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 tablespoon of dry red wine.
22. Debug fresh vegetables. Wash leafy greens in water with vinegar and salt. Bugs floats off.
23. Sour fruits with vinegar. Try eating young tamarind with vinegar and salt, so with santol.
24. Scale fish more easily. Rub with vinegar 5 minutes before scaling.
25. Pickle green papaya, add carrot, onion, garlic and pepper.
Prevent discoloration of peeled potatoes by adding a few drops of
vinegar in water. They will keep fresh for days in the refrigerator.
Clean jars with vinegar and water to remove odor.Clean and deodorize
jars. Rinse mayonnaise, peanut butter, and mustard jars with vinegar
28. Mix some vinegar with salt. It will
clean dishes, pots, glasses, windows, brass, copper, bronze, pans.
Skillets. Rinse well with warm water,
29. Wipe jars of
preserves and canned food with vinegar to prevent mold producing
bacteria.Clean stainless steel. Wipe with a vinegar dampened cloth.
30. Get rid of cooking smells. Let simmer a small pot of vinegar and water solution.
Clean china and fine glassware. Add a cup pf vinegar to a sink of warm
water. Gently dip the glass or china in the solution and let dry.
Get stains out of pots. Fill pot with a solution of 3 tablespoons of
vinegar to a pint of water. Boil until stain loosens and can be washed
33. Remove the lime deposits. Add vinegar to
warm water and soak tea kettle overnight. This will also work on glass
coffee pot. Put three ounces of vinegar in the pot and fill rest with