Sunday, October 19, 2014

Breathe with Me, Carpet Green


Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid (People's School-on-Air) with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM Band, 8 to 9 evening class, Monday to Friday

Bryophytes and epiphytes hang on the limbs of acacia,
Ateneo de Manila University, QC

I rest beneath a bough on a sweltering day,
flowing beard and hair hanging like curtain
and carpet cushioning my tired feet and head;
floor, walls and ceiling you make - cool and living.

Breathe with me, breathe with me,carpet green,
catch the passing breeze, filter the dusts and the sky
like your ancestor in the distant past -
the slimy, lowly blue-green that catches the sun
and bubbles oxygen, filling the earth with life,
creatures all, my kin and I now share.

Oh, Good Life - I, in slumber, now dream
of that Paradise once lost – and now to regain;
Even for a while let me in your abode carpet green
and let the world go by - or at the edge of time,
stand still in praise with me to the One unseen.~

No comments: