Living with Nature - School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid with Ms Melly C Tenorio
DZRB 738 AM, 8 to 9 Evening Class, Monday to Friday
Self Administered Test on Myths. Legends and Tales
1. Last part of corpse to decompose.
2. Element that glows in cemeteries.
3. Tree that grows big and spreading in cemeteries.
4. Errand of the gods and goddesses who is a boy forver, never growing old.
5. Children’s story of a boy who flies and visit children in the homes and playground, who fought a pirate.
6. God of the Sea..
7. Island where
Troy was found by Schliemann.
8. One-eyed monster.
9. Ghost appearing on Balete Drive, QC.
10. If you follow where a dwende would go, what grows around its dwelling.
11. Province where we fondly associate with Ati-atihan.
12. Prometheus defied Zeus by giving man _______________.
13. Old folk warn children of unseen spirits starting to roam around ___________.
14. Pestilence which killed one-third of the population of
Europe in the Middle Ages.
15. Famous author of horror novels, among them The House of the Seven Gables and Scarlet letter.
16. American short story writer, and poet, who couldn’t write without taking a shot of liqueur too many. The Raven is perhaps his most popular work.
17. It is a poem written by the same author of a love one her tomb by the sea. The narrator laments deeply for her death, and even in her tomb you could feel the deep pain of broken heartedness. Title of the poem – after the woman’s name. Annabelle
18. The legend of Count Dracula the blood curdling vampire originated from what country?
19. If you tame me you are responsible to me. What is essential is invisible to the eye. It is only through the heart that one speaks clearly. The Little Prince.
20. This is a plant that is so shy that a legend was built upon it – a certain shy Maria who turned into this plant.
21. At the end of a rainbow, you will find _____
22. King who touches anything turns to gold.
23. Man turns into a wolf or into predatory animals.
24. Other name of Abominable Snowman to the Sherpas.
25. Paniwala na kulay ng dwende na swerte. (Lucky color of dwarfs)
1. Bonus O Captain, My Captain – sino ang character na tinatalakay? By Walt Whitman. Grief and admiration to the great fallen leader was written March 4, 1865.
The only poem with rime and rhythm written by the poet. How many stanzas are there? (3) How many lines? (8, Number of lines each stanza in diminishing length). What is the last line? (Ano ang last line – halos pareho sa last line ng first two stanzas.)
2. National epic of the Anglo Saxons
3. Character in Robin Hood, giant of a man. 7 footer
4. Author of Pardoner’s Tale
1. Hair 2. Phosphorus 3. Acacia 4.Cupid. 5. Peter Pan 6. Poseidon 7. Crete 8. Cyclops
9. White lady 10. Mushroom 11.Aklan 12. Fire 13. twilight or takip silim. 14. Bubonic Plague 15.Nathaniel Hawthorne 16. Edgar Allan Poe 17. Annabelle 18. Romania 19. The Little Prince. 20. Makahiya. 21. A pot of gold. 22. Midas 23.Werewolf. 24. Yeti 25. Yellow or white; black is harmful.
1. Abraham Lincoln; Fallen cold and dead.
2. Beowulf (and Grendel)3. Little John.
4. Geoffrey Chaucer
Photo Credit: Wikipedia