DSummer on the Beach (theme is taking time out from work and study, bonding with family and friends, getting close to nature, getting into sports and hobbies.)
School Campus (theme instills discipline, value of education, joy of schooling, holistic development - a healthy mind in a healthy body.)
In a Hospital (theme instills compassion, service, care and loving attitude to the sick and old; it inspires the youth to take up a medical career. )
Here are composite paintings of children 7 to 13 years old, five members in a group. Here are some advantages of team work in composite painting.
Freedom to suggest and chose the theme, so with the message and title of the painting.
- Development of the spirit of cooperation and unity, and group competition.
- Sharing of resources - paint brushes, colors, palette board, etc - and expenses.
- Recognition of specialization and talent of each member; and division of work and responsibility.
- Preparation for the "real thing " - painting will grace a hall, lobby, classroom or simply a wall for people to view and appreciate.
- Interpretation through other means of expression - verse, essay, feature - other than the school or movement with which the work is identified.
- Originality is based on experience and imagination of the members without copying any model.
Why don't you try this at home with the members of the family? Or in a class in Humanities.
You can organize an art workshop in the neighborhood. Or with your community and church organizations. Summer would be ideal for an art workshop. Call 939-6331 or e-mail email@example.com
Summer Art Workshop for Children, 2000 (Acrylic 36" x 48" on mounted canvas). You may use acrylic coated marine plywood, 1/4" or 1/2" thick). Art Instructor: Dr AV Rotor
A note of simple expression of thanks and gratitude to all followers, participants and viewers of Living with Nature - School on Blog. Your contribution has greatly helped us expand in the number and variety of lessons and coverage. This is very encouraging as we are about to begin our fourth year with hundreds of pageviews daily from different parts of the world. We have now more than 2,100 posts, with a number of lessons regularly updated and edited for added information and easier access. The lessons are also linked with radio and outreach programs. We invite you to help in enhancing a greater multiplier effect. You may wish to contribute by any means, from disseminating the lessons in your area yourselves, or by donating to our current extension work and radio broadcast (school-on-air) through Philippine National Bank Dollar Account No. 372756300038, or 372756300020 (peso account). Living with Nature-School on Blog is purely a voluntary effort to bring functional literacy to millions who lack access to formal education, and to augment formal learning and experiential knowledge. - Dr Abercio V Rotor