Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound
I didn’t see their faces, but surely one of them was mine. 

Dr Abe V Rotor
LIVING with NATURE CENTER
San Vicente, Ilocos Sur


It was heavy traffic on the highway somewhere in Ilocos Norte.  
My attention was caught by this unique sculptural work 
in the middle of an intersection island.  
Vehicles barely moved.  
There was a road accident I was told.  I got stuck for half an hour.
Can I catch up with my appointment? 
To my relief I was right beside this trio going home from the farm.
I ponder on the scene.  

That was many years ago when I was a farmhand.  
I saw myself riding a carabao, peaceful, serene and innocent 
of a “modern” world in which we live today. 
Time was of the essence then, never prodding, demanding, 
and “lost“ as we define time wasted in our busy living today.  
To them time is meditation, bonding, quiet and joy.

 As traffic soon eased I said goodbye to this icons.
I didn’t see their faces, but surely one of them was mine.    

No comments: