Monday, September 24, 2018

Four-Seasons-in-One

Four-Seasons-in-One

Painting and Poem by Abe V Rotor

LIVING with NATURE CENTER 
San Vicente, Ilocos Sur


Four-Seasons-in-One, acrylic, AVR 2012


I love the seasons, I want them all at the same time:
spring, summer, autumn, winter - rolled into one;
for I can't wait each coming, or the trouble to find;
one sitting before the canvas and everything's done.

So in my life, seasons crowd in, knowing not which one
comes in the morning or evening, at work or play;
I lost track of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and the bond
of creation that brings all together to pray.

The artist in me called, there's order in every thing -
the seasons come and go, never growing old;
each with rhyme and rhythm, the meter of living,
renewing hope, keeping faith, humbling the bold.~

No comments: