Sunday, November 12, 2017

Tunnel Windows to Heaven


Dr Abe V Rotor

Daybreak, I ask what lies beyond the wall, and a whisper
came through, what goes in there.

And the view
I see is the same though,
yet a vine across the window
is calling, hello!


Walls, walls, walls, I complain.
Windows, windows the sun and wind in refrain.

One window is blocked
with the machine of a clock
that had long stopped.
Tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac


Here's one bright morning, ah, but another game,
yet a holy name I hear to learn to say, Amen.


I see heaven through a keyhole,
and myself whole;
I wish to reach it, but the key isn't mine
And neither time.

Acknowledgment: Santa Monica church; Rev Msgr Benjamin Advincula
Episcopal Vicar for the Clergy, Archdiocese of Capiz,
and Parish Priest of Santa Monica

No comments: