Dr Abe V Rotor
1. Forego your trip when a black cat crosses your path – it is bad luck.
2. Don’t clean the house at night, more so, if you sweep the dirt out of the door. You drive good luck away, (Lalabas ang suwerte.)
3. If you get lost in the wilderness, reverse your shirt, so that you will be able find your way back.
4. Tikbalang (Filipino version of a centaur) comes out when it is raining while the sun is out.
5. Three persons in a picture means the one at the middle will die.
6. A mole (taling) on the sole indicates the person is a wanderer (gala’).
7. A mole (taling) located along the path of tears means the person is going to be widowed.
8. Bride must never try her bridal gown before the wedding; the ceremony might not push through.
9. Don’t hang on the window; you court bad luck.
10. Itchy palm means you are going to have money.
11. Keep your fingers close together and if light seeps through between them, it means you are not frugal.
12. Singing while cooking means you are going to remain a bachelor or spinster – or marry someone much older than you.
13. A victim of maternal impression (paglilihi) loses pep (sigla) and may even get sick.
14. If a pregnant woman is in labor, never sit at the center of the stair.
15. A comet in the sky means war is coming.
16. Eat raw eggs to enhance easy delivery of your baby.
17. A pregnant mother should not eat eggplant, else her baby will have dark complexion.
18. One who cries every time she cuts onions means she does not love her father- and mother-in-law (biyanan).
19. Taking a bath immediately after ironing clothes will make you sick of leprosy.
20. If a pregnant woman eats eggs, her child will be born blind.
21. Full moon causes abnormal behavior. People who are affected by this belief are called lunatics.
22. Beware of Friday the 13th, you might meet an accident.
23. No two siblings should marry within the same year, otherwise their marriages will not be successful.
24. When someone gives you a footwear as a gift, be sure to pay him any amount in order to break the omen that you will be “kicked” or pushed around.
25. When the pregnant wife skips or walks over (laktawan) her husband, the husband will bear the burden of paglilihi (maternal impression).
26. If you want a person to be sad and to cry often, give him or her a handkerchief as a gift.
27. One who is about to be wed must remain at home to avoid accident.
28. Avoid having your feet pointed at the door while sleeping.
29. Prepare rice cake like suman and tikoy on New Year so that good luck will stick around.
30. When planting be sure your stomach is full, so that you will get good harvest.