Sunday, May 19, 2013

Song for the Birds

Song for the Birds 
In loving memory of  Rev Msgr Benjamin Advincula, Episcopal Vicar for the Clergy, Archdiocese of Capiz, and Parish Priest of  Santa Monica.  

Dr Abe V Rotor
Resource person, Diocesan Gathering of Priests, 2011

Song for the Birds in acrylic, painting by  AVRotor

Make me an artist to capture this ephemeral sight,
the colors of the rainbow fading in sunset;
    from where you came, to this little stream I imagine,
        this bastion of your kind from what it had been.

          Make me a teacher that I may understand your language,
                 your cheerful songs from your cries; that I may gauge
         the difference of knowledge from school and that of life,
        joy and sorrow, love and care, leisure and strife.

   Make me a man, the forgotten child many years ago,
           long lost searching for the truth, from what I know,
that I may be worthy of my role in passing review,
                 to come down from Mount Olympus to your rescue. ~

No comments: