Wednesday, July 12, 2023

I love the Hornbill (Kalaw)

 I love the Hornbill (Kalaw)

Dr Abe V Rotor
A Pair of Hornbills in pastel by Anna Christina Rotor

I love the hornbill for its colorful plumage, prominent in the distance, breaking the monotony of green;

I love the hornbill for its huge bill to which it got its name, tough,
and powerful, in bright red with yellow and green;

I love the hornbill for its thunderous, resonating call, vibrating through the forest, echoing on cliffs and giant trees;

I love the hornbill for its gregarious nature, faithful to its family, 
protective of its kin, and to its niche; 

I love the hornbill for its being a guardian of the forest, sentinel 
at all time, and early rouser each day;

I love the hornbill for its presence, ultimate reference of unspoiled landscape, spared from human;

I love the hornbill for being the subject of art of the young, reborn in the heart of the new generation. ~ 

No comments: