Dr Abe V Rotor
1. Ati-atihan and Moriones have a common a origin; both are ethnic and myths.
The Loch Ness monster of Scotland and the Champ (America’s counterpart
of the Loch Ness monsters) are thought to be living prehistoric beasts
that survived the annihilation of the giant reptiles.
There is really a winged dragon – biologically speaking that is,
meaning it does exist and is still found in the wilderness today.
There have been sightings of UFOs in many parts of the world. From
testimonies of witnesses, we are regularly visited by creatures from
5. Ceres is goddess of the sea that is why she is called Ceres.
Ceres was a goddess who came down to earth from Olympus and lived as
ordinary human, had a beautiful daughter who was kidnapped and made
queen of the underworld by married Pluto. The story goes that 6 months
she stayed with her husband (spring and summer) and 6 months lived with
her mother (fall and winter).
7. Orpheus is the
musician with a lyre who joined Ulysses in Odyssey, made a trip to the
underworld, and when he wanted to go back to earth with his loved one,
Eurydice, Pluto warned them never to look back – but they did – and were
8. Dracula, the most popular vampire is
believed to have originated from Romania, Eastern Europe, but the curse
is feared throughout the European continent.
9. Actually, according to medical research, there is a rare genetic disorder called congenital erythropoeitic porphyria caused by inbreeding at the end of the middle ages in eastern and central Europe that make the sufferers avoid sunlight.
Premature burial of people suffering of catalepsy (trance-state)
explains why exhumed corpses would not have deteriorated as much as
11. The Chinese version of a vampire is less frightening than the European version.
12. The whole idea of a vampire is relegated entirely to fiction, no person would even believe it otherwise.
13. The abominable snowman actually exists. Sir Edmund Hillary, the first white man to reach the summit of Everest encountered the creature personally.
14. The Greek mythological beast Centaur is equivalent to our tikbalang, except that the Centaur has the head of a man and body of a horse.
15. Anyone who opens a Pandora ’s Box will suffer the ills of life without hope of recovering.
16. Prometheus disobeyed Zeus; he brought fire to man – which made the difference between man and other creatures.
Actually the gods and goddesses on Mt. Olympus did not agree that man
should be given fire because he will be killing animals, melt gold and
silver into coins, and start selling and buying things, make war. It is
a terrible thing, indeed.
18. The terms Medusa, Hydra and Cyclops are Greek mythological beasts which are biological terms today.
19. Garlic and salt are believed to keep evil spirits away not only a belief among Filipinos but Americans Europeans as well.
20. Daedalus and
Icarus left Crete by flying; Daedalus flew near the sun and its wings
made of wax melted that he plunged into the Mediterranean.
is a mythological structure which serves to symbolize a very
complicated situation where it is almost impossible for us to find
22. If misfortune befalls on you, think of a
creature that rises from the ashes – and in no time you will recover.
This creature is the Sphinx which guards the pyramids.
23. Narcissism is a psychological disorder that has led to the ruin of many lives, especially young men and women.
24. Oedipus complex is
the desire, most readily expressed in sexual terms, of a son for his
mother with a consequential rivalry between the son and his father, a
complex which may appear later in life as seeking a mother image in
relations with other women. This is also true between a daughter to her
a sculptor, made a marble statue of a most beautiful woman, asked
Venus to give him a wife as beautiful as his masterpiece. Pygmalion can
be compared with Professor Higgins of My Fair Lady.
ANSWERS: 1f, 2t, 3t(One of them is Draco rizali,
named after our own hero.), 4f, 5f, 6f, 7t, 8t, 9t, 10t, 11f(The
Chinese vampire has glaring eyes, long claws, covered with greenish
white hair, and can fly.), 12f(Gilles de Rais who fought with Joan of
Arc drank blood, Countess Elisabeth Bathory bathed in human blood,
Marcello Costa of Brazil killed 14 boys drunk their blood to make him as
handsome as his victims.), 13f, 14t, 15f, 16f, 17f, 18t, 19t, 20f, 21t,
22f( Phoenix), 23t, 24f, 25t
RATING: 23 to 25 Outstanding
20 to 22 Very Good
17 to 19 Good
14 to 16 Fair
13 and below - Participate in Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid, DZRB 738 KHz AM Band, 8 to 9 evening Monday to Friday www,pbs.gov.ph