Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lenten - A Personal Renaissance


17th Century church of San Vicente de Ferrer, popular
destination of pilgrims and tourists, three kilometers
west of Vigan, Ilocos Sur.
Abe V Rotor

1. Castles and temples,
ziggurats amd totem poles,
the pyramid of the sun -
are either dead or gone.
The tower I know
may be simple and low,
yet reaches a height
beyond the sight.

2. Fish for a multitude,
technology's magnitude;
prima causa, the gene
where miracles begin.

3. It is not always true,
even when the sky is blue,
that deep in silence
lies a quiet conscience.

4. The weak make up for their frailty
in number and simplicity.

5. Rich in the pocket, least in the heart;
good to others, a vulture's art.

6. A weed is a flower in disguise -
need the eye and heart surmise?

7. Fewer are the grains in number
when the tillers fall to slumber.

8. If there is a Fourth King
other than the first Three,
make me just a fifth being
and I'll suffer for Thee.

9. Sinner or saint, saint or sinner -
never, never a cycle never,
no matter what and where
the past be redeemed - or never

10. Ah, but what good
is rock when it misses
the essence of clay
on which life itself rises?

11. God is everywhere, discreet
in many ways beyond our pain,
in our sleep, on our busy feet
in far away places, on the plain.

12. Come to me in silence and in song
that I may hear You among the throng.

13. None is greater a gift than life;
none is so fulfilling than living it well;
even as the wind blows hard, the tides swell,
life is sweeter at the end of strife.

14. Guard the footpath while Heaven is still,
lest the faithful lose the essence of the Hill.

15. If a little in me dies if someone must live,
here then, Lord, here's my whole life to give.~



Light from the Old Arch, AVR

1 comment:

Cor Invictus said...

I missed badly this Church where I received the sacraments and actually my house. I used to go there very often from the administrations of +Fr. Estanislao Adress, +Fr. Jose Lazo,+Fr. Melanio Rebebes (a townmate), Fr. Anselmo Samson and Fr. Fred Ancheta. +Fr. Catalino Racca baptized me. The people in the facade remind me the days when on Tuesdays, we used to have a lot of pilgrims from everywhere.