Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Give Me the Sky

Give Me the Sky

"Give me the sky and I'll fly the biggest kite
     to lead a child to his dream." - avr

Dr Abe V Rotor


Cirro-stratus cloud formation under an Aratiles Tree. 
Skyview through the roof of Callao Cave, PeƱablanca, Cagayan

Give me the sky and I'll conquer darkness,
     even only a shaft through the rock;
Give me the sky and I will follow the sun
     from morn to evening and back.

Give me the sky and I'll watch the moon
     grow full and old and reborn;
Give me the sky and I'll chart the stars,
     the future and coming storm.

Give me the sky and I will ask the clouds
     to fall into rain and the fields green;
Give me the sky to greet the birds in flight,
     where they go, where they've been.

Give me the sky and I'll soar into space
     beyond the limits of the earth;
Give me the sky and I'll see from there
     the magnificent place of my birth.

Give me the sky and I'll keep it clean -
     the river, the lake and stream;
Give me the sky and I'll fly the biggest kite
     to lead a child to his dream.

Give me the sky, and lead my spirit
     from the earth to far beyond;
Give me the sky that I may know You `
     through the goodness of Your Son. ~

No comments: