Sunday, September 20, 2020

Emptiness at Sundown - a Challenge

 Emptiness at Sundown  - a Challenge

"Wonder how Rodin created  from bare rock The Great Thinker." avr
Dr Abe V Rotor

Sunset, Lemery Batangas, 2018

How can I be romantic when the world is sad and lonely, 
the sea in its ebb, the air still, save a passing breeze?
How can I love the classics, the timelessness of their beauty,  
the deafening silence, neither music nor of peace? 

How can I appreciate humanities, man's creativity,
peep into the biblical Garden of his birth?
How can I amend my evil ways, rise from human frailty
with the dying sun, soon to abandon the earth?

I am lesser than those who instead found opportunity
to explore the deep source where love and hope never cease. 
  Monet taming a fiery sunset into a lovely beauty,
and on wasteland Wangari planted a million trees.  

I wonder how Rodin created  from bare rock The Great Thinker;
Fleming by serendipity found from a moldy  culture -
the life-saving Penicillin, a most potent drug ever,
while Thoreau alone wrote a treaty of man and nature.  

Crowning glory, masterpieces were not at all born in bed,
so with man faced with the impossible to solve,
when a tree stands alone leafless, the sea in ebb;    
and I, I wait for darkness envelop my world. ~  

No comments: