Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature - School on Blog
A Bouquet of Carnation in acrylic, AVR 2015
Perhaps no flower can match you, oh carnation;
your colors each a message to convey:
fortune, prayer, celebration, a wish come true;
in garland and lei, shower and bouquet;
never a wreath, for you are not symbol of death;
re-incarnation that we your faithful pray.
Today, carnations can be found in a wide range of colors, and while in general they express love, fascination and distinction, virtually every color carries a unique and rich association.
- White carnations suggest pure love and good luck,
- Light red symbolizes admiration,
- Dark red represents deep love and affection,
- Purple carnations imply capriciousness,
- Pink carnations carry the greatest significance, beginning with the belief that they first appeared on earth from the Virgin Mary’s tears – making them the symbol of a mother's undying love.
Carnation is worn on
- Mother's Day,
- Teacher's Day,
- St. Patrick's Day (March 17, 2015),
- Wedding ceremonies,
Carnation is 1st wedding anniversary flower.
January birth month flower