Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature - School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM 8 to 9 Evening Class, Monday to Friday
Old folks tell us of many unusual things about pigs. It is uncouth to call a person a pig, and these are the reasons why.
• Pigs, by their physical built, can’t look up in the sky. It always looks downtrodden.
• Pigs are the only animals that will drink hard liquor voluntarily – and you know what happens next.
• Pigs are carriers of diseases and parasites transmitted to human, such as tapeworm and hookworm. Pork is high in cholesterol and uric acid that cause many ailments.
• They are voracious (sarabusab Ilk) and omnivorous, eating on almost anything, including spoiled food and wastes of other animals.
• They have a very poor digestive system, the smell of their sty is almost unbearable.
• Their barrel shape bodies are a perfect model of obesity.
On the brighter side of these obnoxious habits, and other disagreeable characteristics that we may attribute to the pig, it is surprising to know – and we should be thankful - that the pig’s heart, being compatible with ours, has been used in heart tissue transplants. Thousands of heart patients owe their lives to the lowly pig.~