Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature - School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM, 8 to 9 evening class, Monday to Friday
1. Recyling is not recommended where pollution is heavy and unabated such as this mudflat. Silt in clean environment is excellent garden soil.
2. Watch out for toxic materials
• Toxic metals: Cadmium, Mercury, Lead
• Hospital and medical wastes, including radioactive materials
• Pesticide residues, especially dioxin
• Industrial wastes, like acids, Freon, alkalis
3. Oil Spill Recycling? Not with hydrocarbon compounds; not in the case of oil spill. The
Petron oil spill in Guimaras in 2005 and 2013 destroyed thousands of hectares of marine and terrestrial areas irreversibly upsetting ecosystems and depriving the residents of their livelihood.