Saturday, November 10, 2012

A tiny dragon came one evening

Dr Abe V Rotor

House lizard strategically waits for insects to become its prey.  


On a dreary, dark night when the world is asleep,
     A moth might come from some distant prison cell
To tell the story of a lonely tortured soul,
     That I, too, have a story to tell.

But it was a dragon shrunk by Darwin's rule,
     That came lurking for a prey from its den,
Reliving Elizabethan chivalry in the old days,
     When the sword was mightier than the pen.

Into the Middle Ages that I imagined myself to be,
     To meet my uninvited dragon guest as it might.
"Hello!" It greeted me, "George, I suppose?"
     And it scampered away into the night.

And I, a pen in hand like the hero's lance drawn
     Rose from this dreary dream to meet the dawn. ~

No comments: