Monday, March 6, 2017

A Modern Fairytale on Careers

A Modern Fairytale on Careers

Dr Abe V Rotor 


Five graduating students in high school were asked by their teacher what careers they would like to pursue, and for what reason.  

The first volunteered, "I want to be a lawyer." When the teacher asked, why, he stood and proudly said, "I want to defend the rights of my fellowman."  

The second was as enthusiastic as the future lawyer, and said, "I want to be a doctor so that I will cure my sick fellowman."

The third touched his chin, and calmly quipped, "Ah, I will be a businessman to help my fellowman get rich."

The fourth stood up, got near his teacher, and with a wide grim said, "Teaching is the noblest profession, and I want to be a teacher."  

"I hope you share the same reason as mine," seconded his teacher.  "Yes, Ma'am, I want to make my fellowman wise."

"And how about you, Juan?"  The teacher asked the timid guy seated farthest.  Juan stretched with a suppressed yawn. "Yes, what would you like to be, Juan?"

"Well," Juan paused with a devilish smile. "I want to be that fellowman."  
And they all lived happily ever after. (And thanks to Smiley.) ~ 

Acknowledgement: Modified Best Joke of the World Reader's Digest 2010

No comments: