Theme: Take a Break with Arts.
Are you bored? Are you too busy with the computer, TV, Mall and books?
Let’s draw and paint, write and read stories and verses, and have music, too.(violin)
Kite flying Season, mural detail, by AVR
The Humanities or applied art is a wholesome experience, especially to children. It develops skills and stirs consciousness in appreciating the beauty and bounty life. It is a special way of self-expression. With a conducive environment and proper training, talents in the art blossom as the child grow. Here the right brain, the seat of creativity is developed while the left brain, the seat of reason grows. It is reason that gives the subject of art; but it is creativity that expresses it in the fullness of colors, words, music and other elements that constitute the vehicle of aesthetic communication, touching the mind, heart and soul.
- Open to boys and girls who have the inclination to the arts
- Age Range: 7 to 14
- Number of participants: 40 to 50 (2 sub-groups – younger and older)
- Three (3) consecutive Saturdays workshop, one day outdoor painting, and 5th day, Exhibits, Graduation and Recognition = 5 Saturdays
- Tentative Schedule: July 20 to August 17, 2013
- 8 to 11 am; 1 to 4 pm
- Venue: SPU Makati
D. Materials and Tools:
- One set Acrylic Paint (Hansa yellow, toluidine red, burnt sienna, thalo blue, lamp black, gloss white)
- One set of artist brushes (4), 1” and 1 ½ ordinary brush, 1@
- Palette Board (1) or improvised board
- Canvas mounted on board (or frame bastidor)– 11” x 14” 1 pc
- Illustration board ¼ (2 pcs)
- Oslo drawing paper (12)
- Workshop Guide: Open Internet avrotor.blogspot.com Download (SPU Makati) workshop lessons, print.
- Multimedia equipment and workshop room.
E. Aims and Expected Result:
- Breaks boredom
- Gives breathing spell from school
- Develops basic drawing painting skill
- Introduces art criticism
- Increases sensitivity to environment and other subjects of art
- Develops personal style
- Integrates forms of art – music, literary, spatial
- Increases awareness of Multiple Intelligence
- Hands-on exercises and on-the-spot painting, digital photography and composition (narrative and poetry)
- Art Exhibition of selected works
- Recognition (certificates and medals)
G. Art Instructor
Dr. Abercio V. Rotor is professor at UST, former professor DLSU Dasmariñas, SPUQC, and UPH-Rizal.
Children Fishing, in acrylic, AVR