Monday, January 27, 2014

Odd Trio: Fish, Reed, Red Dragonfly

Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature School on Blog
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid (People's School-on-Air) with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM Band, 8 to 9 evening class Monday to Friday (www.pbs.gov.ph)

Lesson: Poetry on nature, with sociological theme
A red dragonfly perched on a reed by a pond

Aimlessly I sat by a pond,
     suddenly I wasn't alone;
a red dragonfly came flying by,
     to be my companion.

Ah, you also need rest, I said,
     quivered its last strain of flight,
its foothold too, came to a stop,
     calm the pond, what a sight!

Whereupon a strange creature
     rose from the deep and broke
the watery image of peace,
     peace I read from the book.

Peace returned to the pond again,
     but where’s my red dragonfly?
The reed stood prouder still,
     for the next passerby. ~


Light at the Edge of a Forest, AVR 2011

No comments: