Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rage and Break

Painting and Poem by Dr. Abe V. Rotor

There is time to be meek,
The lake and sun and their art -
Between the sea and a lonely creek
Set two worlds wide apart.

Clouds make a giant shroud,
Drums are heard yonder;
The sky weeps, meek is the proud,
As the earth melts in the lake.

Rage and break, rage and break,
On the cold wall and be free;
Make the sky and the river meet
Under the rainbow by the lake.

Wash the sweat on my brow,
And let me go along with thee;
I’ll sing your song as we flow
To where the world is free.

x x x

1 comment:

bunxxxx said...

Dr. Abe Rotor's unique control of his pen and art materials has not changed a bit! I could still feel nature at my fingertips as I look at his paintings and as I read his poems aloud.

My mentor and my idol- that's how i see Dr. Rotor. I am so glad that his poems are available online. Hail the Internet!

God bless you Sir!

Dulce P. Bunquin
Palawan