Sunday, September 3, 2023

A Driftwood's Odyssey

  A Driftwood's Odyssey

Dr Abe V Rotor

San Vicente Integrated School coed, Miss Riyzza Mae Rotor Carbonel, shows her school project - a table vase made of driftwood, seashells, and recycled plastic materials.

I am a remnant of a felled tree in a forest long ago,
drifting down the river to the sea;
braving the elements and patient with time, too;
 free but knowing not my destiny. 

For how long I drifted far and wide I do not know,
my world was aimless and carefree
 among creatures I met, that would come and go. 
but to whom can I tell this long story?

Until the tides took me one day into another view,
to where trees stood happy once like me,
where people brought back old memories anew;
but I am now but a waste of the sea. 

Until a curious lass took me for something new,
something for the arts, not for money;
but some kind of beauty in my ugliness to show
 Nature's hidden artistic quality. ~

Main face of the driftwood vase
Views of the driftwood vase in perspective variations. ~

No comments: