Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Pristine Loboc River, Bohol

Pristine Loboc River, Bohol
(A Little Corner of Eden)

"A piece of paradise of river, grass and trees,
of bees and flowers, rainbow and butterflies,
of pristine water flowing down the mountains
         where birds come and sing with the breeze." -avr

Dr Abe V Rotor


Pristine Loboc River, Municipality of Loboc, Bohol
(Photos by Ms Cecilia R Rotor)

Pristine Loboc River, Bohol
(A Little Corner of Eden)

If I were to return after the Fall
To where my forebears once lived;
If I were to trace back their footsteps
To their world of make believe -

What would I tell to my dear Creator
Whose open arms have waited so long
For man to return, to repent for his Sin -
And I, having also failed all along?

I would tell Him there is also a place,
A little green corner of grass and trees,
Of bees and flowers, rainbow and butterflies,
Where birds come and sing with the breeze.

An emerald river gently flowing,
Meandering between hills and on the plain,
Palms and trees bowing at its levees,
Its waters soothing the day's pain.

I would tell Him of this place also forgotten,
Abandoned by a bandwagon,
By those who nurture the Utopian dream,
Now orphaned and virtually alone.

Is forgetfulness also Your tool of creation?
Where man shall be gone forever
Paradise is redeemed and once more born?
No wonder Nature triumphs when left alone.~

                      Acknowledgment: Loboc Tourism Office. Living with Nature Handbook, AVRotor 2003

No comments: