Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Can fish understand human music?

 Can fish understand human music?

"Our  worlds apart, sea and land
across a thin transparent sand." avr 

Dr Abe V Rotor
   Author plays violin before a home aquarium of Oscar fish.  

I touch your senses with the violin
     in a variety of tune and melody; 
I touch your world, and yours with mine,
     together we make a fantasy.

I wonder what song you sing in water
     if ever heard outside your realm;
The bleating lamb in Beethoven's ear,
     thunder and the bubbling stream.

Do you  also sing a Brahms's lullaby
     or San Pedro's Ugoy sa Duyan?
March with Mendelssohn's graduation, 
     for real or just for the fun?  

My fish do not answer, they are dumb;
     Or I can't hear and understand;
For worlds apart we are, sea and land
     across a thin transparent sand. ~

No comments: