Monday, February 6, 2023

Children's Art: "The greatest masterpiece and the greatest story ever told."

Children's Art: 
"The greatest masterpiece and the greatest story ever told."
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up” – Pablo Picasso

Dr Abe V Rotor
LIVING with NATURE CENTER
San Vicente, Ilocos Sur


Let the wind blow, the grass grow, the mist settle down;
guide a child, brush and colors in her hand, reign
over a beautiful realm we grownups have given up long ago,
never to return, yet yearning, to be children again;
We pass this way but once - and again through our genes,
in tender hands and heart, we've lived not in vain.

“There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.” – Pablo Picasso

“Why do you try to understand art? Do you try to understand the song of a bird?” – Pablo Picasso

I watched a child paint the floor of our house.
I gave her all the things she needed,
then left to attend the chores of the day.
What had she done in my absence?

I almost forgot all about the whole thing.
That always happens to a busy person.
I returned, apologetic. She didn't say a word.
She was still busy painting without respite.

I studied her paintings on the floor.
Suddenly I felt I was talking to myself.
Me, an artist of many movements:
realism, romanticism, to postmodern.

And she, the artist of peace and harmony,
naturalness and simplicity.
Here's the greatest masterpiece of the world.
and the greatest story ever told. ~

“No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did he would cease to be an artist” – Oscar Wilde


No comments: