Thursday, February 9, 2023

I am a Student of Evolving Art

                I am a Student of Evolving Art  

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." - Confucius

Dr Abe V Rotor

 
It's advanced impressionism,
a little of Van Gogh and Picasso.
But who am I to found a school?
Art as a theory is all I know.

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe


Relief painting with a palette knife,
to capture a hatching egg;
take the backseat brush, the time is ripe
for freedom in art, I beg.

“Freedom is the soul of art.” “Even science is art, when it flows pure and free - literature is art, when it flows pure and free - mathematics is art, when it flows pure and free. Any act of the mind that flows pure and free, is art, for freedom is the soul of art.”― Abhijit Naskar, Lives to Serve Before I Sleep


Glass painting in three-dimensions,
I gave one side a transparent aura;
on the main pane, the subject matter;
seen combined, it's a diorama.

"The arts are not a frill. The arts are a response to our individuality and our nature, and help to shape our identity. What is there that can transcend deep difference and stubborn divisions? The arts. They have a wonderful universality. Art has the potential to unify. It can speak in many languages without a translator. The arts do not discriminate. The arts lift us up." - Barbara Jordan


Red for lack of other essential colors -
unconventional I was, yet an amateur,
imagining some culinary flavors,
art is both experience and adventure. 

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein


No plan, no perspective, wheretofore
goes my art? I wonder.
Yet I kept on and on, to explore  
art in some hidden corner.

"One can compare art education to the solid foundation for a house - once it's built properly, it will hold any shape or form you will place on it." - Igor Babailov


Impressions of wild flowers with wet paint
leave footprints that shall not depart;
I say, Eureka, I found it, I found it! 
A li'l Archimedes I am in art. 

"It's called the incubation period. The incubation period - one of the four phases of creativity - is when you're not consciously thinking of a problem, and you're letting it marinate. So this is why you hear time and again, people saying they had that "Eureka" moment in the bath, like Archimedes, or in the shower, or while going for a walk or in a coffeehouse."— Eric Weiner 

Acknowledgement: Internet Quotes ~

No comments: