Sunday, April 21, 2024

Reflection and Meditation - A PWD's travelogue-on-wheels

Reflection and Meditation
- A PWD's travelogue-on-wheels

Painting by Dr Abe V Rotor

Reflection and Meditation 
A PWD's travelogue-on-wheels, in acrylic on canvas (40" x 60") 
by AV Rotor. St Paul College of Ilocos Sur, San Vicente, Ilocos Sur

Take me into the scene, though by imagination, make it virtually true; for I have missed life on the road, life in sports, life in adventure;

Take me to where the sun seeps through the leaves and cast a thousand art of figures and views, in kaleidoscope colors and designs;

Take me to where the leaves fall and make a litter on the forest floor, where new life arises, where the cycle of seasons goes on and on; 

Take me to where the birds sing in the trees, where the fowls roam, the crawlers play hide and seek, where crickets fiddle, cicadas sing;

Take me to where the night breaks into dawn, the sun rises in glorious rays and beams, where dewdrops reflect into a myriad of pearls;

Take me where twilight  heralds the coming of night in silence and peace, the world in deserved rest amidst stars and fireflies; 

Take me to the edge of the land by the sea and lake, to where the river flows in tranquility, the streams and rivulets sing sweetly;    

Take me to where the pond reflects the blue sky, clouds building into rain, and birds flying on their route at the urging of nature; 

Take me into the horizon, beyond the measure of this view, that I may discover more to add into the richness of this masterpiece;

Take me to where my prayers of thanksgiving, my reverence for life are offered in humility, respect and adoration to the Great Maker. ~

No comments: