The Lighter Side of Life
Playing with Nature
Dr Abe V Rotor
"My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature." –Claude Monet
Sunken Pier, Puerto, Sto. Domingo, Ilocos Sur
Behold! a jellyfish as looking glass
unfolds a third world scene:
half terrestrial, half aquatic,
solid and liquid in between,
third matter in colloidal form -
strange the world is ever seen.
Tambuli shells, former St. Paul Museum
I'm standing on the world's narrowest isthmus,
among archives and fossils of history,
where I can hold the Pacific and the Atlantic
oceans half the world apart and free;
I cross the time and distance barrier
with these chroniclers singing to me
the unending roars of the tides,
tides on the street, tides of the sea.
Baby sitting: Fluppy, angora rabbit at home
Here is seeing the world in dreams;
half awake, half asleep,
on two planes - fantasy and reality,
rather than counting sheep,
to unload life's burden at the end of day -
a heaven sent li'l rabbit. ~
"For a time, I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."
–Wendell Berry


No comments:
Post a Comment