Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature School on Blog
Dr and Mrs Abe V Rotor exchange pleasantries with former NFA administrator Jesus T Tanchanco (right) during the last homecoming of former NGA-NFA employees in 2012. It was the last meeting of our group with this great man.
1. Live in the present. Live today.
2. Forget the mistakes of yesterday. Yesterday has gone forever.
3. Stop criticizing yourself and stop criticizing others.
4. Yearn for self-improvement.
5. Hold on to your self-respect by appraising yourself honestly.
6. Learn to listen to others. It helps remove bias from your opinion.
7. If you have a goal, reach for it.
8. If you make a mistake, try again.
9. Don't be timid in conversation.
10. Exercise your imagination creatively to achieve success.
11. Do one thing at a time. Shoot for one goal at a time.
12. Believe in the Providence not for luck but blessings.
From my old files I found this article designed for framing, so that it can serve as a daily personal reminder. Spontaneously I thought of my boss for fifteen long years, the admirable and respectable Jesus T Tanchanco, former administrator of the National Food Authority under the regime of President Ferdinand E Marcos. During his time the Philippines became not only self-sufficient in rice and other major agricultural commodities, but a net exporter as well. The Philippines attained the status as exporter of rice in Tanchanco's time like Thailand and Vietnam today. I realize that the success of a leader - a government official - depends largely on personality which is the embodiment of all qualities of that person.