Dr Abe V Rotor
Living with Nature School on Blog [avrotor.blogspot.com]
Paaralang Bayan sa Himpapawid (People's School-on-Air) with Ms Melly C Tenorio
738 DZRB AM Band, 8 to 9 evening class Monday to Friday
What is Environment really?
1. The NATURAL ENVIRONMENT is governed by Homeostasis. “Nature knows best when left alone.”
2. The ENVIRONMENT is a steady state of Matter and Energy Interrelationship (through biochemical and geophysical interactions, and the flow and transformation of energy in the living and non-living world.)
3. ENVIRONMENT is gauged by its Carrying Capacity (productivity) and Biological Diversity (adaptability)
4. ENVIRONMENT is the cradle and bastion of Natural History and Culture.
5. ENVIRONMENT is the center of worships, festivities and beliefs – and Reverence for Life.
6. ENVIRONMENT offers challenges and joy through discovery, serendipity and adventure.
7. BUILT ENVIRONMENT refers to constructed surroundings -infrastructures and settlements, modified by culture and society.
8. SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT enshrines the institutions built through time, beginning with the family and expanding to global cooperation.
9. ENVIRONMENT offers the ultimate in Aesthetics, which encompasses the Humanities and the Arts.
10. ENVIRONMENT and Ecology (Greek οίκος, "household"; and logos, "knowledge"). Ecology is the scientific study of the environment.
The environment, more than anything else is us. Managing the environment therefore, starts with us. x x x